Friday, August 20, 2010

Get Well Soon!

My PTI goodies came in the mail today and I started playing immediately. I've had an idea in mind since I saw the little monster stamp on Betsy's blog during the countdown. While he is a very cute monster, I thought he would also make an excellent "germ". I saw an idea like this some time ago using a set from Cornish Heritage Farms (I think) and a jar, but I don't remember who made the card. For my card, I put the monster in the jar from Friendship Jar and added the sentiment with my Doodlebug rub-ons.

Since this card would obviously be going to someone sick, I thought I would also make a little tissue holder to go with it. I was inspired by Betsy's felt monster and I have since been looking through some books for ideas. I found a book at Michael's that had a little felt tissue holder with eyes on it, and figured I could make my own pattern at home. I thought "he" also needed a mouth so I added that on. The turquoise and cream felt are PTI, but the red and black are just some that I had from years ago. You can so tell the difference in quality between PTI's felt and the other felt!

Here is a picture of the card and tissue holder together. I think this little gift would definitely bring a smile to someone's face!

12 comments:

Nadine said...

What an awesome project, Emm! This would definitely bring a smile to my face and cheer me up. How could it not? It's so cute!

Laurie said...

OH my Erica! I totally love the bug in the jar! How cute is he? Your card is just adorable! AND the kleenex holder is too! What a fun idea! TFS!

Kara said...

this is so cute.......love this idea!

Sue Ann said...

OH MY GOODNESS~~ How darn cute is that card and tissue holder!! FANTASTIC!!! I think I need to try and make those for the kids!!!

Jen Carter said...

Oh my word!! That is TOO stinkin' cute!! I LOVE the idea of the "bug" in the jar, that is fabulous!! So, so cute!! And, the little monster tissue holder is adorable as well!

Lori said...

what a fabulous idea!!! so cute the bug in the jar made me smile and then when i saw the tissue holder...OH MY!! That is so clever!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh this is wonderfully ADORABLE Emm!!

Terri said...

What a great use for that stamp. The tissue holder is very cute too!

Jill said...

Aaaagh! Erica, the tissue holder is the cutest thing ever! Boy, that would cheer me up if I were sick!! I had the same "caught a bug" idea as you, but I just thought, "Oh, I hope PTI does something like that in a Get Well set." YOU actually made your own! Great job, girl!

Melissa said...

This is adorable!! I love the tiny bug in the jar and your tissue holder is awesome. Great project!

Maggie said...

Aaaaahhhh! I just love how this turned out! You're good, girl! :)

Keva said...

Oh my! That is the cutest thing! I love it...