Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jar of Ghosties

I have another Halloween jar card to share today. I stamped the little ghosts from Tiny Treats:Halloween then cut them out and adhered them to a dark jar cut out of Smokey Shadow. I wanted the jar to be dark so that my ghosties could glow-I just used some yellow chalk to to get the look. The fabulous patterned paper is by Pink Paislee, I just added the sentiment and the spider webs in the corner. The ribbon is sewn on and then I added some fray check to the back of the stitching.The fray check soaked through the paper and ribbon and added a nice little dark spot to the front of the card. A fun addition I hadn't planned on! Speaking of the ribbon, it is actually black and white so I just used by tea dye duo to darken it up. Hope you enjoy!

8 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

You're really ROCKIN that jar Emm, another fabulous, spooky card!!

Kara said...

love those little ghosts in the jar!!

Rhonda said...

I like the jar dark. I wouldn't have thought of that. Great inspiration.

Teresa said...

Love this card! Allot of great details.

Jen Carter said...

Oh, this is so cute and very creative!! I love how you did the ghosts!!

Unknown said...

Such a fun card! the ghosts lookin really adorable..:)

Keva said...

You're making me want this jar set. Very cute card!!

Laurie said...

You've been making some super cute stuff with this set! I love the ribbon! Great idea to use tea dye!