Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Make it Monday #7

This week's Make it Monday challenge is to use Copic markers to add color to non-neutral cardstock. I started on my card right away and made the card below. As soon as it was finished, I realized that I had used my Copics to shade white and kraft cardstock-both neutrals. I had gotten so excited about the design of my card that I completely ignored the challenge! (Scroll down for my second attempt)
Inside of card:

I decided to make another card and this time I followed the directions. I used my Scattered Showers umbrella and stamped it on Bermuda Bay cardstock (it looks darker in the photo than it actually is). I then used my Copics to shade and add contour to my umbrella. Notice I used the rectangle frame stamp from Button Boutique on both cards. I think it is my new favorite stamp!

I also made this card a window card so I could play along with the Papertrey Posse March challenge. The challenge is to make a window or frame card. I used the Button Card die to make the window and to cut the white piece inside of the card. It's the perfect size for this type of card! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to play along with both of these challenges!

4 comments:

Marybeth said...

Well ,what can I say I love both of your cards,truly amazing. I may have to get button boutique, and the picnic set. I think the first is my favorite,as I'm a huge fan of red,white an blue. love what you did with the twisted twine too.

Cathy Weber said...

Such nice cards today. I think using that button boutique frame was so creative. You are really making good use for that set. You colored that picnic basket so nicely and I love the 25 cent stamp.

Joy said...

Such fun cards Emm, really love the second one, how you created the image on the inside of the card..love it! hugs!

Suzanne said...

What a great use of Button Boutique. That first card is making me long for summer vacation. I really like the way you finished the inside of the first card. You did a great job shading the umbrella one your second card.