Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge

Here is the inspiration picture that Kim posted for the current Sparks challenge:

I looked at the challenge on New Year's Eve and came up with my card idea while the kids and I watched the ball drop. I first stamped the T.V. from the Boob Tubes set and then used the stick part of the flag image from Spiffy Scooters to hold the "ball". To make the "ball", I used the double circle image from Sugar Rush and added Ranger's Glossy Accents and glitter to make it sparkle. For the sentiment, I used the word "celebrate" from Sugar Rush. To get the rainbow effect, I inked each letter separately using my Stampin' Up markers. It doesn't show up well in the photo, but I used the asterisk sign from Spiffy Scooters to make confetti around the T.V. I used Versamark Sparkle, Amuse Simple Stick and glitter for the confetti. It is sublty sparkly in real life, but just does not translate well in the photo. Last, I added a colored rhinestone to the center of each confetti. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Now that is CUTE! LOVE the rhinestone wall and what a cute use of the SPARKS challenge.

Jay Gee said...

What a clever idea and I love your coloured sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge :)

Lori Barnett said...

Happy 2012!!! This is AWESOME! And all the rhinestones are great! Plus all the grays...perfect! Thanks for playing the challenge with us at PS SPARKS :)

Marie said...

This is so clever! Love the colored gems scattered around the tv =) Thank you so much for playing along in this SPARKS challenge!