Sunday, June 20, 2010

Petite Posse Challenge #2

Jessica has posted her last challenge as June hostess over on the Papertrey Posse blog. This time around the challenge is all about folds and using a fun technique to fold your card instead of just the standard square or rectangle. I decided to use the free standing pop up card for this challenge. A tutorial for this type of card can be found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/freestandingpopupcard/
For this card, I cut and scored a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock and stamped my clouds onto it. I then die cut the white tag and threaded it with Simpy Chartreuse ribbon, added my Orange Zest buttons and adhered it to the Bermuda Bay piece. For the pop-up part I used a piece of Simply Chartreuse cardstock and stamped it with Polka Dot Basics in Versamark Dazzle ink. I then cut a circle from Orange Zest cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug with my Sunshine impression plate. I folded my circle in half, adhered it to the chartreuse piece and tied on a piece of twine. For the focal point I used Up, Up and Away and paper pieced the kite. I distressed the edges, matted it on Bermuda Bay cardstock and adhered it to the charteuse piece. The first time I saw one of these cards, I was a little intimidated, but it really is quite easy to make and so much fun! If you would like to play along, head on over to the Papertrey Posse blog (papertreyposse.blogspot.com ) and check out the details.





Papertrey Ink: cardstock (simply chartreuse, orange zest, white), ink (true black), buttons (orange zest), ribbon (simply chartreuse), stamps (Up, Up and Away and Polka Dot Basics), Sunshine impression plate, tea dye duo

Stampin Up: cardstock (bermuda bay), ink (kiwi kiss, white)

October Afternoon: (patterned paper-Fly a Kite)

Versamagic: chalk ink (aquatic splash)

Spellbinders: ribbon tag trio

Twine, Prismacolor marker

13 comments:

Sue Ann said...

how fun is this ....... love the colors ~~ Fantastic take on your challenge!!

Sue Plote said...

I think this is the best card I've ever seen using this stand up technique! Great colors... just love it!

Suzanne said...

What a fantastic card!! I love the bright, summery colours you chose. Thanks so much for the link to the instructions. A copy is going into my ideas file later today.

Dana said...

WOW! How cool is this! I love it!

Elizabeth S. said...

This is terrific!! Great job on the challenge!

Unknown said...

This card is so cute! I've been wanting to try one of these - but I haven't actually done it yet. Great job with the Challenge!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Oh my gosh, that is SOOO adorable! I've never seen a card like that. So clever! I haven't had a chance to try this challenge yet, but still hoping to get to it!

Becky Carafa said...

This is fantastic! LOVE the colors, so perfect for a kite-flying-summer day!

Maggie said...

Those are such fun cards to make! I love your color combo, and all the little touches (the buttons, etc)!

Jackie Pedro said...

What a great card! Love the colors!

Keva said...

Oh my gosh!! How cute is this little guy. I love it.

Anonymous said...

You did an AWESOME job on this challenge.

Sarah Souza said...

Really awesome job on this challenge!