Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cool Kid


This week's challenge on the Cosmo Cricket blog was to face your fears...do something that intimidates you. Well, the part of scrapbooking that intimidates me is the beginning. I have a hard time coming up with a sketch or deciding where to start. That is why I like when the sketch is given to me-I just pull out the supplies I want and "paint by number". So, for this challenge, I didn't go find a sketch and just tried to go with the flow. I changed this layout in my head a few times and then again as I was putting it together. I added and removed stickers a few times and finally decided it was done.

This page is about my son and how he is growing up and finding his own style. He likes his hair in a certain hairstyle and is starting to enjoy clothes shopping. He enjoys looking nice and I am impressed with his style!

This is an 8x8 layout. The picture makes the page look warped, but I couldn't get a picture head on because I kept getting a glare on the photo. Any tips? The solid cardstock is by Papertrey Ink. All other products (patterned paper, stickers, rub ons, chipboard letters and pieces) are Cosmo Cricket.

No comments: