Friday, February 5, 2010

Finally

I originally set up this blog with the intent to share my love of papercrafting. After getting a new camera for Christmas, I have finally decided it is time to start sharing.....O.K., O.K., the announcement made yesterday by Nichole Heady may have played a big part as well! I can't wait to participate in all the Papertrey fun! So, for the first challenge, I came up with this...




I started by using one of the solid icing images from Papertrey's Cupcake Creations set, stamped it with Versamark ink on white cardstock and embossed with clear embossing powder. I sponged on aqua mist ink, and then paper pieced the bottom of the cupcake. I like using the emboss resist technique for white cupcake icing because it ends up being whiter and more crisp than when I stamp white ink on colored cardstock. I finished the card with some patterned paper by Stampin' up and Raspberry Fizz and Aqua Mist cardstock by Papertrey. The sentiment was also stamped with Versamark ink and then embossed with white embossing powder. I had a lot of fun with this challenge. I hope you enjoy!

No comments: