Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Inspiration-Lawnscaping challenge #30


Here are the details of this challenge:
Find inspiration in a fellow crafter you know, or even one you may not know. You can find inspiration in magazines, websites (Pinterest, Etsy), blogs, etc. The only requirement of this challenge is to give credit to the source of inspiration you use by linking to your source, whether it be a fellow crafter's blog, magazine picture, website picture, etc).

Here is the piece that I chose for my inspiration. It a piece of patterned paper by Fancy Pants from their newly released line called Childish Things. This paticular piece is called Playtime.

My favorite part of the paper is the little castle frame so that is what I chose to replicate. Here is what I made:

I used the large frame from Lawn Fawn's Fanciful Frames, but I had to modify it a bit. The large frame was too small to fit the castle so I stamped the top of the frame, moved down the paper a little and stamped the bottom of the frame, then filled in the lines on the side with a zig pen. I then masked the frame, stamped the castle and the sun (actually the top the ribbon from Admit One), and free-handed the hill and road. Last, I cut out the frame, adhered it to my card front and stamped my sentiment using Lawn Fawn's Claire's ABC's.

If you would like to play along, head on over to the Lawnscaping blog to get the details. Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

very cute!

Jeanette M. said...

Very cute card! I love how you made the frame larger to fit the castle. Beautiful colouring, too.

Laurel Beard said...

Oh yes! I love this card! Love your inspired paper! Love the colors! Love the fantasy scene! Love the colors. I just love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping for our Inspired By Challenge!

Chari Moss said...

This is so cute!!! I love what you did with the frame to make it fit your card too! Super Smart!

Danielle said...

This is amazing! I love how you framed the scene! And gorgeous colors. Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping!

Jen McD said...

This is so eye catching! I love the bright colors and fun castle scene.

Lynnette said...

This is pure genius! Fanciful frames goes perfectly with the castle and the bright colors are perfect!

Ayana Posadas said...

Emm, this is such a fun card. I really love your coloring and the fun scene that you created within the frame. Nice work! :)