Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Check out this photo from the Paper Smooches Sparks blog:

This photo was actually for a challenge back in January, but I really like the rainbow colors and they are perfect for the project I made today.

When I first saw the little worm in the Smarty Pants set, I imagined him as the very hungry caterpillar from Eric Carle's book. It worked out perfectly that I also had several Paper Smooches stamp sets that contained fruit images. I used the apple from Smarty Pants, the orange and strawberry from Wake Up and the cherry and circles (grapes in my imagination) from Sugar Rush. For the sentiment, I used Alphadot and Wake Up.

Since I was working with an idea inspired by a book, I decided to make a bookmark rather than a card.

What do you think? Does it remind you of the book? I hope my little reader will enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Wonderful idea, and amazing execution! This is beautiful :)