Thursday, March 4, 2010

Poppy Seed Challenge

ETA: I thought it said this contest was open until 10pm, but it actually closed at 10am today so I didn't actually get to enter it in the challenge...Oops!

I made tonight's card for the Poppy Seed challenge over on Lisa's blog.
www.poppypaperie.typepad.com
Lisa gave us 3 "seeds" we were supposed to use on our card.
1. light yellow
2. crystals
3. flower stamp
Looking at my card now, I think I should definitely have made this card larger to better accomodate the large tulip image. I will also admit that I am not sure the yellow on my card would be considered "light". However, the polka dots on the patterned paper are light yellow, so maybe that counts. This was a fun challenge and I love using those little crystals. For the sentiment, I used two different sentiments from one of Papertrey's anniversary sets called Simple Little Things. I drew the comma on with a white gel pen and ,of course, it was a much brighter white that the ink I used to stamp the sentiment. I got out an eraser and went over the comma a couple times and it lightened it up enough to match.


Stamps, ribbon,ink (raspberry fizz and lemon tart)-Papertrey Ink
Patterned paper-October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket
White and green ink,yellow marker (I had to go over the solid parts of the tulip with the marker so it would show up) -Stampin Up
Crystals-Amuse and Hobby Lobby

No comments: