Sunday, February 20, 2011

Make It Monday #2 and February Parade of Blogs

I finally have my Make It Monday #2 card ready (just hours before the next challenge goes up)! Nichole's challenge this week was to make a card using a vellum sentiment strip. This card is also for the Papertrey Posse February Parade of Blogs. The challenge over there is to make a card using things you love. I chose to use the jar from PTI's Frienship jar set, (because I love that jar) and make a shaker card with my heart confetti. Shaker cards are alot of fun to make and pretty simple to do. I really like the idea of the vellum sentiment strip because it doesn't hide the contents of the jar. If you would like to play along with either of these challenges, check out Nichole's blog and the Papertrey Posse blog for more details. Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I love this card Erica. I am trying to figure out how you adhered the clear cardstock to make it a shaker. It is so interesting and the first time I have seen a card using the jars turned into a shaker card. Great job.

Unknown said...

Erica, you always have the most creative ideas. Love this!

Jill said...

GREAT card! Such a good idea for the shaker jar, and I LOVE the pop of color that the Simply Chartreuse cardstock gives behind it!

Mad for Paper said...

This is wonderful. what a great idea to make the shaker with the hearts. I'm sure whomever receives it will love it.
TFS
Ang

Jen Adcock said...

Oh my goodness! This is wonderful! I wouldn't of come up with this in a million years. Clever girl! Very inspiring, indeed! Thank you for this.

Terri said...

Very cool! Love the heart confetti.

Sarah Souza said...

This is so cute! You did an amazing job!

Suzanne said...

Erica, this is so ingenious. I love seeing how you take the ordinary and make it extraordinarily fun!

Keva said...

Oh gosh, Erica, this is so cute!!! A shaker? Genius.

Elizabeth S. said...

This is so cute! I love the shaker jar of hearts! What a creative idea!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE how you've made a shaker card with the jar Emm!!! The little hearts are so cute!

Lisa H. said...

this is really super cute! love that jar and the vellum strip is great here! love it.

Joyce said...

What a great card. I would like to make one like this, but don't know how to make a shaker card. Could you please explain. I have the jar stamp set, and could think of so many fun things to shake in there to amuse my daughters, the primary recipients of most of my cards. Thanks.