Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine boxes

My kids had a great time decorating their valentine boxes again this year. My daughter chose mermaid valentines to give out and wanted her box to match them. We used my Cricut Once Upon a Princess and Create a Critter cartridges to make the pieces for her box. The waves at the top of the box were made with my Fiskars punch. She placed everything where she wanted it and said the little seahorses at the bottom are supposed to look like they are making a heart shape.

My son chose Star Wars valentines and cut pieces from the packaging the valentines came in and some images from the internet to decorate his box. I still can't believe we happened to find tissue boxes that went so well with their chosen themes.

These are so much fun to do with the kids every year and I always end up wishing I had a valentine party to go to that required a cute little decorated box! :)

No comments: