Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

I have one more patriotic card to show you today. This one I made a long time ago after I saw this card (http://stampingscoops.blogspot.com/search?q=announcer)on Emily Montenero's blog. All stamps are by Amuse. I am guessing all the ink and paper are by Stampin Up, but it has been so long that I really don't remember!

I also wanted to show you a few things from around the town I live in. I love our little town and I like how everyone displayed their patriotism this year. This first picture is of a little dress shop downtown. They change their dress display every week and my daughter loves to drive by and see the new dresses and pick her favorite. It's a little game we play when we are stuck at the red light. Don't tell anyone, but sometimes my son will even pick a favorite! :) I love that this week they went with a red, white, and blue color scheme!

The sign says it all. It doesn't show in the picture, but they had decorated the inside of the store as well. (On a side note: This drugstore even has a cute little red VW bug with pills painted on it that they use to deliver medicine. We like to play the punch buggy game, too.)

I love that my town hangs up all of these flags for every patriotic holiday. This is the older downtown part, but the main roadway through town is also filled with flags!


And lastly, I am proud to fly Old Glory at my house, too. Happy 4th!

3 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE this Emm, the Ringmaster makes this card so unique and fabulous!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Emm, the card is so cute and it was fun to see your pictures from around town! Looks like you have a lovely porch on your house, too! :)

Laurie said...

Oh he is so cute! I love your card! And I love your blog background too! :)