Monday, July 5, 2010

Petite Posse Challenge #3-Back to the Beginning

What a fun challenge! Amy is the hostess this month over on the Papertrey Posse blog and she has challenged us to go back to our very first PTI set and put it use. She also asked that we tell how we discovered PTI. I found PTI through Lauren Meader's blog way back when they only had a limited number of sets for sale. I checked out the site many times, but it wasn't until they released Believe that I finally took the plunge and bought one of their sets. Of course, I haven't looked back since and now I rarely buy stamps from anywhere else. For my card, I started with a journaling card from October Afternoon's Good Cheer line. I stamped it with PTI's Text Style in Aqua Mist. It doesn't show up very well in the photo, but if you look closely at the second photo you can just barely see it. I stamped my santa image, colored him with copics, cut him out and adhered him to the journaling card with adhesive foam circles. I then stamped my sentiment and added an Aqua Mist button in the upper right hand corner. I used more papers from the Good Cheer line to make my card base and added some satin cream ribbon making layered loops as I adhered it to the card. To finish it off, I adhered the journaling card over the ribbon with more adhesive foam circles. I hope you enjoy this little bit of Christmas in July! Check out the Papertrey Posse blog and play along with us.



ETA-I just realized this card also works for the Papertrey Pals Pallenge #12. They have some fun challenges on their blog as well. Check them out, too!
ETA2-Can you believe it? There is another Christmas challenge going on right now. Check it our here http://anjilliccreations.blogspot.com/2010/07/jills-first-annual-christmas-in-july.html
And another one at The Shabby Tea Room!! http://theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/2010/07/week-18-christmas-in-july.html

12 comments:

Anika said...

This is gorgeous, Emm! Fun to hear how you found PTI too!

Kelly Massman said...

Love this card! I have that set! I think it is my only one--though they do have some amazing sets!!!

Sara Mac said...

Lovely card Emm. I really like your layout and the combination of your patterned paper. What a fun challenge!

Amy Kolling said...

Great challenge card....I like how you've used the pattern paper! Good job!

Jackie Pedro said...

I have always loved this set, and I LOVE what you've done with it here!! Great card!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute card! Love the bright colors and love this stamp set too.

Jill said...

Emm, this is great! I LOVE the notebook paper--it adds an unexpected and appealing touch! You know, this card would work for my Christmas in July Challenge too! Feel free to enter it if you'd like!

Terri said...

It's hard for me to even think about Christmas right now but nice job on the card. Love all the bright colored Patterned Papers.

Barbara said...

Gorgeous! I have that set and I don't think it's ever seen ink. Must remedy that.

Lydia said...

Great card and way to think ahead LOL!!

Becky Carafa said...

This is beautiful! Love the ribbon detail, and your coloring is fantastic!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Love this, it's just beautiful! You do such a great job at incorporating patterned paper into your cards!