Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sweet Land of Liberty

Good Satruday morning! Are you ready to celebrate this weekend? The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays (I think I say that about alot of holidays, though) and I love to decorate for the occasion. Here is one of my favorite decorations:

My sister made this for me one Christmas. It says "To everything there is a season". The fun thing is that the painted wooden flag in the middle is held on by velcro so you can change out the center piece every season/holiday along with the ribbon that holds the handle on. I found this flag last year at Michaels and I love it with my red/white striped ribbon.

It is, of course, just as fun to craft for this holiday and today I have a patriotic card to share with you.

The stamps I used for this card are from Papertrey Ink (Up,Up,and Away and Friendship Jar) except for the fireworks which is the "sparkler" image from Amuse. I inked the edges of everything with my tea dye duo (PTI) to make it look a little vintage. I am going to enter this card in Ted's Happily Ever Challenged #8-Old Glory challenge. If you would like to play along, visit Ted at happilyevercrafter.com I hope you all have a fabulous holiday and I want to say Thank You to all those who defend and protect our freedom!

12 comments:

Kara said...

I love this card!! The beautiful colors, dimension...the fireworks behind the balloon look awesome!!
One of the best!

IamDerby said...

Great card, love the fireworks.

Barbara said...

Love your celebration projects!!

Ted said...

Emm, love those clouds and everything screams patriotism here! :) Very much appreciate your participating in the challenge! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

I completely LOVE this card Emm!!! The balloons and clouds with the fireworks, brilliant!!! Fabulous patriotic card!

Jill said...

What a great idea, Emm, to use the balloon with fireworks! Clever use of the stamps, and this card is just perfect for Ted's challenge!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Ohhhh, LOVE this!! Great patriotic card, the fireworks look awesome with Up, Up and Away!

Laurie said...

The fireworks with Up, up is a fun idea! I love the card!!

Your 4th decoration is really cute too!

Maggie said...

Your balloon is colored in so well, and I love how you did your clouds!

Amy Kolling said...

That is a stinking cute 4th of July card!! Love the red white and blue balloon!

Monica K. said...

What a great idea to make a 4th of July balloon card! So cool and very creative! Love how you stamped the clouds too. Wonderful card!

Nerina said...

I love your balloon card - such a unique way to celebrate the 4th of July! Your wall hanging absolutely steal my heart though! What a gorgeous design (love the sturdy metal hanger and painted wood!) - what a perfectly great idea!! Yummy!